There are several ways to reboot/shutdown remote computers at once and here in this article we would like to share you one of the way through which we can remotely shutdown/restart bulk of computers
Note: The below method only works if you have administrative access to the remote machines that you would like to reboot or shutdown.
Shutdown/Restart using command prompt:
- Go to Command prompt
- Type “shutdown –i” and click enter
- A new “Remote Shutdown” pop-up dialog-box will appear where we need to provide the below listed details in the following field’s
- Computer Name: Click “Add” and provide computer name or IP address of the computers which we would like to shut down or reboot.
- What do you want to do with this computers? Provide either reboot or shutdown according to your needs.
- Warn users of the action: We can even warn/notify the active/live computer uses about reboot/shutdown.
- Shutdown event tracker: Provide the comments about the reboot/shutdown.
- Once all the required fields are provided click “OK” to perform the task.
Let us know in the comments session below if you face any issues in implementing the steps.